Tuesday 29 May 2007

Mammogram

Today was the day for my mammogram. I am so very glad I live in a country where it is free to all women. I'm also grateful that I don't live in a country where the profit motive becomes involved and women have them far more often then necessary and run the extra risks from over exposure to radiation. A friend who has a family history of breast cancer has them far more often but this is just because of her increased risk
No it's not the most pleasant experience but for me it beats going to the dentist hands down. And definitely beats going undiagnosed.

2 comments:

Margery said...

Good for you, girl - unpleasant, but better than the alternative. Here's hoping the results are clear.

I just thought - after my mammogram, I'll only need the remaining breast to be squashed! There had to be a bright side ...

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Reminds me of a friend who had a vasectomy after he'd had a testicle removed for testicular cancer. He asked for a half price deal!! (very big grin)