Wednesday 13 June 2007

Bad blogger

My apologies. There's not a lot worse than checking blogs only to find there is no new post. I promise to try harder in future.

My little quilt is coming along nicely now I've decided to use YLI Soft Touch. Many thanks to The Tabby Cat who got the thread to me in less than 24 hours. NAYY. Bad news is that I've heard YLI are discontinuing doing the 1,000 yard mini cones except in the basic colours so the search for the perfect thread for my quilting shall go on.
I'm thinking of biting the bullet and buying YLI 100 weight silk for my next big quilt. Though as I use up 13,000 yards on my big quilts, we are talking serious money here. Probably by the time I pay duty and postage, it will be well over £150 for one quilt. This I could live with if I didn't have the worry about the longevity of silk. Silk rots with exposure to air and light. It might have amazing strength but it's lifetime is limited.

Can't give you any photos as I still haven't stopped procrastinating about which camera to buy. Once I've made up my mind on that, I'll be better placed to decide on the thread. I have to save some cash for the show at Sandown next week (grin).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am delighted we were able to help with the YLI Soft Touch thread.

If your 'little quilt' is anything like your other quilts, I cannot wait to see it finished.

Enjoy yourself at Sandown.

Ferret said...

Aren't the Tabbycat fantastic, I've lost count of the number of times they have bailed me out.