Wednesday 27 June 2007

Quilting designs are everywhere

This is on one of the inherited bits of furniture. Wouldn't it look great repeated round a border? Feel free to use this.
And this one is from the same dresser.

Sorry about the dust, photos are cruel, it really doesn't look this bad in reality.

All this sort of stuff is considered 'brown furniture' by the trade and is definitely not in fashion. If I had a barn I would buy it all up and store it until this current phase of regurgitated 50's and 60's stuff is over.
Sadly as a child, I can remember a huge bonfire in the garden where we burnt all this sort of stuff in my family before we went to live in Australia. I remember it so well because one of the items was my doll's house (I was about 9 at the time). It hurts every time I see a similar one on the Antiques Road Show.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The person who invents a dust-repellant to apply in all those nooks and crannies gets my vote! Then we wouldn't have to waste valuable stitching time dusting (as if!)

Ferret said...

Yup fantastic quilting pattern.