Friday 22 June 2007

On a roll of good news.

Censored

of course the new kitchen radio turning itself on full blast at midnight. I suffer from insomnia anyway so it wasn't a big deal for me.

Getting on to the good news, my quilt has been accepted into the World Quilt Show. This is excellent as far as I'm concerned as after reading Ferret's Post and her problems not getting her quilts over the pond, I'm pleased all I have to do is send the quilt up to Bristol and they take care of the rest. Scary to see all the other names going, real quilters (gulp).

The bad news is there is a postal strike planned for next week and the quilt has to be there before the 7th July. So I sewed on a label as proscribed (in future I shall make all my labels have every possible piece of information so I don't end up making one for each show). And I got it packed, folded on the diagonals and put bubble plastic in the folds. This wasn't too easy as I don't actually have a bit of floor this big anymore. But I did it. And I played with word to make a nice big label. And I collared Fliss to come with me. And it's all ready to go but..........................

I can't find my car keys!! We've even got to the point where we've checked the freezer.

3 comments:

Ferret said...

Look at it this way, if any of them manage to beat you, you will know you could only be beaten by the best :) You've just proved you can beat the rest.

Seriously don't woory about it, you're in so you are already a finalist and ahead of a lot of the game.

Unknown said...

Well done Sally - I hope you found your car keys - I reckon they should have some sort of gadget on them that you can ring from your house phone - after all that's what I do in the house when I can't find my mobile phone :o) - a development opportunity there for someone methinks!

Susan D said...

Thanks for posting about the post strike. I didn't know about it. I've got to send my 1st C & G parcel by the 30th so I'll send it early to make sure Sian gets it.