Monday 25 June 2007

A Day at the Show

Receiving the Machine Quilting award (photo taken by Cherie Lumsden's DH, thank you) I now have another Machine Quilting little salver. I don't quite know what to do with them. I'd hang them up on the wall in the loo if it wouldn't be quite such a problem keeping them clean. I do admit to being proud of winning them so don't want to hide them away.

And still haven't found my keys, I have the key from XXXXX's ring and the spare set of house keys.

This must have been the wettest June on record. Yesterday was different, not the torrential downpours we've been having (think monsoons) but steady heavy rain.

I left a bit late as I knew I'd have to stay after the show to collect my quilt (so much nicer when the show is less than an hour away). When you enter some of the shows over here, you are given a one day ticket which makes entering the show a good deal. Except if you forget your ticket (grin)? I think my brain is becoming fried in the hot flashes through the night. Luckily they know me now and let me in.

This was the cup I won last year. This is a perpetual trophy which you hand back. So it sat on my sideboard and I always felt a little embarrassed as it didn't have my name on it. Your name goes on when you send it back, so I had to get this photo to prove to myself it had been mine once (grin).



I can't show you photos of the quilts as there are signs everywhere saying you can only take photos for personal use and you should not publish them. My own quilt hung better at this show than at the Festival of Quilts, but still not perfectly. They don't put it in a bag before hanging, if you ask them nicely.

1 comment:

Natalie Carlton said...

this is a fabulas quilt!