Monday 18 June 2007

Failure



Just to show not all my quilts are something to be proud of. This is the back which looked quite good until I washed it. The yellow then turned a murky greenish greyish colour of yellow. The stippling wasn't fine enough to really put a red veil over the quilt and quite frankly the quilting wasn't too hot either. I knew the tension wasn't right and just kept ploughing on. Some how I felt it 'would sort itself out'. Where that thought came from I have no idea (grin)










The front is a piece of Ricky Tims hand dye. I wasn't happy about how the colour ran and wrote to them. Their reply suggested that it doesn't run with their hardness of water etc..
It went to a quilter's new grand daughter who has no expectation of my work. I'm happy to think it will be sicked over, pee'ed and pooed on (very very big grin)

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sally..I think it looks fabulous and far better than anything I could produce. It is by no way a failure...especially since it will be well used and loved by a little one.
BTW like the mosaic trick...just posted about it too...