Sunday 10 June 2007

Ideas?


I've twenty or so of these blocks done about 5 or more years ago. I don't know what to do with them. I tried taking photos of each block individually and then the plan was to print them out and play with various ideas. The camera kept compensating for balance and the colours went so far off what they really are that this didn't work at all. (BTW is there a way I can get blogger to spell check in English English rather than USA English, I hate it telling me I don't know how to spell colour (grin)).
This was one idea. By the way I have no more of the background fabric and can't get any more.
And another idea, think this one is totally yuk!!

This is marginally better.
Any thoughts anyone? Should I just donate them to Project Linus?
This quilt was made as a solution to the problem, it was going to be the centre (Apparently I can't spell centre either!) with one row of blocks around it. Needless to say this didn't work either.

4 comments:

Dianne said...

The blocks are beautiful, I like it with the red backing, but can you add the 4 black corner pieces to it also. I think it would be absolutly brilliant.. I too hate it when they say I can't spell color :):)

Shirley Goodwin said...

I like the black corner pieces too. Actually those blocks are very appealing - are they appliqued?

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

They are reverse appliquéd. At the time I thought it a good effect to use tiny zig zag stitching in thread the same colour as the background. I liked the 'crusty' effect. I've moved on.
Wondering now about putting in sashing like the spikey ones in New York Beauty blocks?

Maureen said...

Don't you dare give up! For myself I prefer the red sashing!
As for spelling......I prefer to trust myself or an old dictionary....I will NOT use spellcheck until it accepts "queen's english"