Saturday 23 June 2007

Where are the car keys?

XXXXX is fretting, he thinks replacement car keys alone will cost over £100, he could be right but they must be in the house somewhere as how else would I have got in the front door?

A few weeks ago I lost my mobile phone. I wasn't worried, I knew it would be around somewhere. I had a bad back so couldn't do a lot of searching. After a couple of weeks I checked all the shops I'd been in by the till receipts in my bag. I also checked with the supplier to see if anyone had used it, no. XXXXX pointed out that these days people lift phones for the intrinsic value of the phone not for the calls. Eventually I bought a new sim card and put it in my old phone.

So yesterday, I found my phone but lost my keys. I'd rather have the keys (grin)
Now isn't this sad, I got the phone to go with a Cath Kidston quilt I've made. I can't show you the quilt until it's done it's stint in a show but the photo shows it on Fliss's duvet cover.

And has anyone seen the charger for the new phone? Nokia in their wisdom have changed the connections on their chargers.

XXXXX has just come back from town. Must be the day of the car keys, she'd locked hers inside the car, so Dad had to go in and rescue her. They went into the Carphonewarehouse and she was up for a new phone. She used to go out with one of the lads in the shop before he went off on his gap year so they know us in there. Anyway the upshot is she has a new phone with twice as many minutes and texts plus they gave her an Ipod Nano. As the only family member without an Ipod, it's mine! (wish I knew how to add a smiley face).

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Oh I do hope you find your keys soon. It's too back we aren't closer...I could lend you my 13 year old daughter who has a fantastic knack for finding lost things. We call her Toni as a joke (after St. Anthony the patron saint of lost things) She even found my youngest at a festival today..who some how wandered in the opposite direction from us! I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you that you'll find them soon! They'll turn up in the most unlikely place..like the bottom of a carrier bag in the cupboard...keep us posted.