Wednesday 20 June 2007

Quilt has gone to Sandown

Peace#1 has gone to Sandown, National Patchwork Championships. With Colin's help I hung it before I left to check it hangs perfectly. It does, well it did this morning, I'll see when I get there if it does still. It would be lovely if it wins something, but I'll be seriously happy if it just doesn't get criticized for not hanging well. After the Festival of Quilts I found out it had been folded into a paper bag overnight before being hung. Not a good look for a very heavily quilted piece.
It hung perfectly on the rail but to make extra certain I put a couple of pieces of tape at either end for their rail to thread through. It is a problem with showing quilts their display methods vary from what you would do in a permanent setting. At home it would have a 2nd sleeve at the bottom with a cut off length of wood to weigh it down. This wouldn't be necessary on most of my quilts but this one has curved corners so the sleeve doesn't go to the edge.
I'll know on Sunday...

No comments: